Want to know how to get 90 in PTE Reading?
- Read the full article to learn tips and tricks to achieve a 90 in PTE Reading.
- Watch its companion video to learn how to master the ‘PTE reading multiple choice multiple answer’
- Go to e2language.com, sign up for free and practise a few PTE reading multiple choice multiple answer tasks
In the PTE Reading Multiple Choice Multiple Answer task, you will be presented with a text passage and a set of questions with several answer choices. Your task is to read the passage carefully and choose the best answers (multiple means more than one, so either 2 or 3 answers) from the available options for each question.
Here are some tips to help you perform well in the PTE Reading Multiple Choice Multiple Answers task:
- Before you start the task, read the instructions carefully to understand the format of the questions and the time limit for the task.
- Start by quickly scanning the passage to get an idea of its content, structure, and purpose. This will help you to focus on the important information while reading in detail.
Ace your test with an E2 Package
Upgrade to unlock 100s of practice tests, method lessons, mock tests, and 1:1 tutorials!
How do I scan?
Before you start scanning, identify the specific information or keywords you need to find in the text. This will help you to focus your search and avoid wasting time.
Headings and subheadings can provide clues about the content of a text and help you to quickly locate relevant information. Scan these headings and subheadings to get an idea of the structure of the text.
Identify the keywords or phrases that are relevant to your search and scan the text for these words. Highlight or underline them as you find them.
When scanning, use your peripheral vision to take in a wider view of the text. This will help you to quickly locate keywords and phrases.
- Before you start reading the passage in detail, read the questions carefully to understand what you need to look for in the passage. This will help you to identify the relevant information more easily.
- As you read the passage, look for keywords and phrases that are related to the questions. This will help you to identify the correct answer more easily.
What is a keyword in PTE Reading?
In the PTE Reading section, a keyword is a significant word or group of words that helps the reader locate the answer in the passage. These keywords are usually related to the question and are used to identify the specific section of the passage where the answer can be found.
For example, if the question asks about the cause of a particular event mentioned in the passage, the keywords could be “cause,” “reason,” or “trigger.” By identifying these keywords, the reader can quickly locate the relevant information in the passage and find the answer to the question.
- If you are not sure about the correct answer, eliminate the options that are clearly incorrect. This will increase your chances of selecting the correct answer.
- Avoid spending too much time on any one question, as this can lead to overthinking and confusion. If you are not sure about the answer, make an educated guess and move on to the next question.
- Manage your time carefully, as you have to answer multiple questions within a limited time. Make sure you have enough time to review your answers before submitting them.
By following these tips, you can improve your performance in the PTE Reading Multiple Choice task and achieve a better score.
Keen for more practise?
Refine your Speaking skills with our article about PTE Read Aloud.
Grow your confidence in Speaking with our article about PTE Retell Lecture.
Sign up and join in the Live Classes to learn and practise these methods to guide you to a 90 PTE score.